Options

i have problem loading excell file to rapidminer 505

yakaryosyakaryos Member Posts: 19 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,

I'am a new user using RM5, but i i have problems to load excell sheet in to it. if i load only 20 examples of my data,i havent got any problem. but my data has 15000 examples and it gives error below if i load full data:

reason:java.lang.Nullpointerexception

my data include nominal and numericel datas.And its about FAA's aviation report datas.

what can i do for İt?

thanks for all.

Answers

• Options
    hi again,

this is the details:

Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
    Stack trace:

com.rapidminer.operator.io.AbstractDataReader.generateDataRow(AbstractDataReader.java:562)
      com.rapidminer.operator.io.AbstractDataReader.createExampleSet(AbstractDataReader.java:600)
      com.rapidminer.operator.io.AbstractDataReader.createExampleSet(AbstractDataReader.java:580)
      com.rapidminer.operator.io.AbstractExampleSource.read(AbstractExampleSource.java:52)
      com.rapidminer.operator.io.AbstractExampleSource.read(AbstractExampleSource.java:36)
      com.rapidminer.operator.io.AbstractReader.doWork(AbstractReader.java:123)
      com.rapidminer.operator.Operator.execute(Operator.java:764)
      com.rapidminer.operator.execution.SimpleUnitExecutor.execute(SimpleUnitExecutor.java:51)
      com.rapidminer.operator.ExecutionUnit.execute(ExecutionUnit.java:709)
      com.rapidminer.operator.OperatorChain.doWork(OperatorChain.java:368)
      com.rapidminer.operator.Operator.execute(Operator.java:764)
      com.rapidminer.Process.run(Process.java:854)
      com.rapidminer.Process.run(Process.java:761)
      com.rapidminer.Process.run(Process.java:756)
      com.rapidminer.Process.run(Process.java:746)
      com.rapidminer.gui.ProcessThread.run(ProcessThread.java:65)
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    this really should not happen. Is this a public data set so that you could sent me a link or the file?

As a workaround I would suggest saving the file as a csv file in excel and try to load this file.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    thanks for your attention.
    yes it's a public data and i can send  data link to you. i also have problems to load it in csv file format. the data import page works normally.But when i click finish button, i cant see my data file in repository.

my data link:

http://av-info.faa.gov/data/AID/tab/a2005_09.txt

best regards
  • Options
    MartinKochMartinKoch Member Posts: 16 Contributor II
    Hi,

I have the same problem. Please see http://rapid-i.com/rapidforum/index.php/topic,1924.0.html for a workaround for loading the csv data per operator. In short: load with "Read csv" (but don't check the parse numbers option) then use the "Guess Types" and manually adjust your roles and types per operators. (remember to set column seperator to "\t")

Or you can use the "Read AML" operator and use the data loading wizard for the file. But I think the AML cannot cope with date types, so you have to use a nominal to date operator for each attribute of type date.

Greetings,
    Martin
  • Options
    SebastianLohSebastianLoh Member Posts: 99 Contributor II
    Hi yakaryos,

I looked into the problem of loading the data set you provided. There are two problems:

- first the dataset is just too big to load it as an excel file (at least on my computer,  i'm getting out of memory exceptions). This problem is caused by an external library which RapidMiner uses to import xls files. So there is no quick fix right now.

- second the data is a little bit messy: line 28 in column c119 contains the value:

"(-23) PILOT STATED, "SUN GLARE DIVERTED HIS ATTENTION AND HE LANDED WITH THE LANDING GEAR RETRACTED."  "I

The inner quotes ("SUN GLARE .... .") are not escaped, therefore RapidMiner cuts of the value when the second quote character occurs.

Tomorrow you can check out the latest build from the repository (branch vega), which contains a bug fix for that problem.

repository url: http://sourceforge.net/projects/yale/develop

If you need immediate support, I suggest to buy a support subscription for RapidMiner (see http://rapid-i.com/content/view/181/190/#enterprise )

Ciao Sebastian
  • Options
    hi sebestian,

thanks for your attention.
    I'm so sorry  that I was mistakenly sent you the raw data of my work. Edited version of the data presented below, it hasnt got long nominal fields like line 28 in column c119.It's more numerical.

http://rapidshare.com/files/378194280/05-09_2003_wizard_kae_rpae_lmae____1.xls.html

my problem is: the data import page works normally.But when i click finish button, i cant see my data file in repository.

what can i do for that?

best regards.

• Options
    SebastianLohSebastianLoh Member Posts: 99 Contributor II
    Hi yakaryos,

with the latest build of RM from the repository (see post below) the file woks fine.

So this bug will be fixed with the next update.

As a workaround I suggest to save the excel file as a csv and import the csv file with the wizard. This should work right now. Or you might try the work around suggested by MartinKoch in the post below.

Thank you for providing the data, it's always helpful to deal with real world problems

Ciao Sebastian