Options

"stream database operator"

dan_agapedan_agape Member Posts: 106 Maven
edited June 2019 in Help
Hi there

Has anyone used the stream database operator with Postgresql databases? I have an it did not work.

If not, what database management systems have you used this operator on, successfully? How large your database was; was your process execution tractable in case of impressively large datasets?

Many thanks,
Dan
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Dan,
    what exactly does happen when the operator fails?
    Does your table have a primary key? If not I would suggest adding one.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    dan_agapedan_agape Member Posts: 106 Maven
    Hi Sebastian,

Thanks.

Actually my table does not have a primary key, but according to the documentation for this operator, a primary key would be created by RM for this operator application to succeed. Is it possible that this option is not functional? Have you tried it on other DBMS with tables without primary keys?

The error message is:
    "Process failed. Reason: Database error occurred: ERROR: syntax error at or near AUTO_INCREMENT"

Best,
    Dan
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Dan,
    it has been tested on some DBMS, but altering tables is a much more DBMS dependent thing than simply reading the table using JDBC. The problem is, that each database system interprets the SQL "standard" a little bit different, changing keywords and so on. I guess, you system does not support the option AUTO_INCREMENT or something following this keyword in the statement. The simplest solution would be to introduce a primary key.

Greetings,
    Sebastian
  • Options
    alejandro_tobonalejandro_tobon Member Posts: 16 Maven
    Hello I am having the same problem, and added a primary key on the table named id, but steel doesnt work, and gives me the same message, any ideas on whats cousing the problem.

Thanks
  • Options
    Hi,
    which database system do you use?

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    manwannmanwann Member Posts: 7 Contributor II
    Hello.

I'm having the same troubles, and i have a primary key. The database is postgresql 8.4, anybody has a solution?