Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Changing Help view to wiki

CleoCleo Member Posts: 44 Maven
edited June 2019 in Help
I often use the help view to gain insight on the how to use various operators.  If the help view was to automatically link to a corresponding wiki page for each operator it might be easier to expand/maintain the data.  Also images could be included.

Cheers,
Cleo

Answers

• fischerfischer Member Posts: 439 Maven
    Hi,

I have added such a link. However, before we can use this, we must still create a template for operator documentation and copy the current documentation to the Wiki so we have a starting point.

Cheers,
    Simon
  • CleoCleo Member Posts: 44 Maven
    Hello Simon,

Thank you for considering my request.  Once a template is created along with some instructions, if you like, I would be willing to copy the current documentation to the Wiki. 

Cheers,
    Cleo
  • fischerfischer Member Posts: 439 Maven
    Hi,

to keep you informed: We have now copied the RapidMiner online documentation to our Wiki, using an appropriate template. We are now working on the way back to have an offline copy in RapidMiner, but the current SVN version already displays a link to the WIki. This is still in beta stage, but we hope the conversion to Wiki links and formatting has been working in most places :-) The rest of the work will have to be done manually :-)

The Wiki is linked from the Rapid-I web page. You'll find it here: http://rapid-i.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

Best,
    Simon
  • MagickMagick Member Posts: 14 Contributor II
    Hi Simon

I believe mediawiki can run using sqlite, which will make it more portable.

Also, have you looked at the semantic mediawiki extensions? These are very powerful tools - Im sure there are many ways you could exploit this technology in Rapidminer.