Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

How to exclude a variable?

delendelen Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
I would like to exclude some of the variables from the evaluation. How do I do that? I tried creating a new role "none" so that it is not considered part of the input variables, that did not work!

Thanks,

Delen

Answers

• SebastianLohSebastianLoh Member Posts: 99 Contributor II
    Hi Delen,

use the operator select attibutes, select the variable you want to exclude and then select  "inverese selection".

I hope i could help.

Ciao Sebastian
  • delendelen Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
    I did that. It seem to have the same set of variables (including the one I am trying to exclude) as its output on exe and ori output channels. Please comment...

Thanks,

Delen
  • jlojlo Member Posts: 10 Contributor II
    Delen:
    If it isn't to complex, post the process and we can take a look at it.

j.
  • SebastianLohSebastianLoh Member Posts: 99 Contributor II
    Here is a sample process
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
    <process version="5.0">
      <context>
        <input/>
        <output/>
        <macros/>
      </context>
      <operator activated="true" class="process" expanded="true" name="Process">
        <process expanded="true" height="583" width="878">
          <operator activated="true" class="retrieve" expanded="true" height="60" name="Retrieve" width="90" x="184" y="284">
            <parameter key="repository_entry" value="//Samples/data/Golf"/>
          </operator>
          <operator activated="true" class="select_attributes" expanded="true" height="76" name="Select Attributes" width="90" x="385" y="289">
            <parameter key="attribute_filter_type" value="single"/>
            <parameter key="attribute" value="Outlook"/>
            <parameter key="invert_selection" value="true"/>
          </operator>
          <connect from_op="Retrieve" from_port="output" to_op="Select Attributes" to_port="example set input"/>
          <connect from_op="Select Attributes" from_port="example set output" to_port="result 1"/>
          <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
        </process>
      </operator>
    </process>