Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

"Trouble Installing"

cedavis2cedavis2 Member Posts: 1 Learner III
edited June 2019 in Help
I have tried to install RapidMiner on my Mac OS X but when I try to run the program through rapidminer.jar I get a message that says ...The Java JAR file "rapidminer.jar" could not be launched. Check the Console for possible error messages.  Any ideas of what to do??
Tagged:

Answers

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    to start with, I would suggest posting this question in the RapidMiner forum...
    I will move your request, so that someone from there will help you.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • SebastianLohSebastianLoh Member Posts: 99 Contributor II
    Hi cedavis2,

first of all, sorry for the late request. I hope you've not given up using Rapidminer.

Which version of Mac Os X are you using?

Try this:

- copy the rapidminer.jar on your Desktop
    - open a Terminal (the application is hidden somewhere in the Utilities folder in Applications)
    - then type "cd Desktop" and hit RETURN
    - now type "java -jar rapidminer.jar"

Normally a double click on the rapidminer.jar is sufficient to start Rapidminer under Mac OS X

Rapidminer should start right now or give you more information what is going wrong. If it does not work, please post the terminal output.

I hope I could help,

Ciao Sebastian Loh.

P.s. I am using rapidminer under Mac OS 10.6