Options

how update rapidminer on computer not connected to internet

B_B_ Member Posts: 70 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
I have rapidminer running on a computer that is not connected to internet.  Can I copy the rapidminer5 folder and subfolders from my laptop after I update it to my other computer?

Or are there only a few files that need to be copied?

Answers

• Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    there are probably only a few files that need to be updated, but it's not worth the effort searching them, I guess. You could either copy this files or just reinstall it with the newest version downloadable from our website. Settings should be kept in both ways.

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • Options
    B_B_ Member Posts: 70 Maven
    Sebastian

I updated my laptop and installed all the extensions up to date (text, weka, etc.)

I copied the rapidminer5 folder to the computer not on the internet.  It starts and shows rm 5.006 as the version, but does not have any extensions installed.  I can not view Help/View Installed Extensions, there is no menu choice -  but it exists on my laptop.

My laptop has RM installed to C: and my other computer RM runs from E:

Any ideas what I am doing incorrectly?  thanks

B.
  • Options
    cherokeecherokee Member Posts: 82 Maven
    Hi B.,

I think you have done most thinks correctly. RM is up to dat now. But RapidMiner installes plugins downloaded via the update manager not at C:\Program Files\Rapid-I\... but at C:\Users\<Your Username>\.RapidMiner5\managed\ .

Best regards,
    chero

P.S.: Paths are given for Vista, but I think you can figure it out.