Options

Can RapidMiner operators return any object?

GhostriderGhostrider Member Posts: 60 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
I have been developing under KNIME and have considered switching to RapidMiner.  I need the ability to develop operators that can take and return any object from their ports.  Of course, the output ports of one object need to be compatible w/ input ports of the next object, but I would like the ability to pass any object around.  Is that possible and how hard to do in RapidMiner?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    GhostriderGhostrider Member Posts: 60 Contributor II
    I don't have patience so I went ahead and bought the How to Extend RapidMiner guide.  There's several pages on creating new data objects.

I'm very impressed with the quality of the manual as well as capability and design of RapidMiner 5.0.  Keep up the great work developers!
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    thanks a lot! As well as for buying the extension as for the kind words. You will already have noticed that you can pass each object that implements the IOObject interface. If you don't have to inherit from another super class, you could extend the ResultObjectAdapter for convenience.

Greetings,
      Sebastian