Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

"Multi-Port Join Operator?"

GhostriderGhostrider Member Posts: 60 Contributor II
edited June 2019 in Help
I am looking for a join operator, but one that joins multiple ExampleSets based on the ID column instead of only 2.  I know I can cascade the join operators, but looking for a more concise solution. 
Tagged:

Answers

• SebastianLohSebastianLoh Member Posts: 99 Contributor II
    Hi Ghostrider,

I am affraid you need to cascade them. However, this is already on you're feature request list.

Ciao Sebastian
  • GhostriderGhostrider Member Posts: 60 Contributor II
    My feature request list?  You want me to implement it?  I can look into it and probably implement it if you give me SVN access.  Seems pretty simple, just replace the InputPortSet with an Extended input-set, then run the existing join algorithm pairs...have not looked at the source code to Join yet...just speculating.
  • SebastianLohSebastianLoh Member Posts: 99 Contributor II
    Oh sorry, I ment our(!) feature request  :D

However, feel free to implement it!

Ciao Sebastian
  • GhostriderGhostrider Member Posts: 60 Contributor II
    I can look into implementing it.  Is there a developer's guide for how to commit new operators to SVN?  Is there some checkout procedure?  I've actually never contributed code to any open-source project before.
  • landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    there's a detailed description on our website. Take a look at the Community / Developers menu.

And welcome on board :)

Greetings,
      Sebastian