Options

To delete the stored example sets automatically

ShubhaShubha Member Posts: 139 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,

I have a loop running say 20 times. In each loop, I am storing some example sets. At the end of the loop, I need to delete all the examplesets which were stored without actually mentioning the name of each. How do I do this?

Thanks in advance,
Shubha

Answers

• Options
    dragoljubdragoljub Member Posts: 241 Contributor II
    Run a script to delete all the contents of the directory after your process is complete. There is a run command operator to do this.
  • Options
    ShubhaShubha Member Posts: 139 Maven
    Thanks for your reply... But I want to delete the stored Examplesets of RapidMiner and not the files in the physical directories.
    Or is it that the examplesets of RapidMiner with .dat extension will be stored in a physical path? I mean, in which physical path does the "IOStorer" stores the exampleset? Is it in the rm_workspace?

Thanks,
    Shubha
  • Options
    landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi Shubha,
    are you already using RapidMiner 5? I would strongly recommend updating.
    The now deprecated operator IOStorer has been replaced by the "Remember" operator. This is very much like the remember key on any calculator: The object is simply remembered in memory. So the ExampleSets will be kept available in main memory as long as the process runs. After the process finished, they are discarded anyway. You don't have to take care of this unless they waste to much memory and process execution fails with out of memory error?

Greetings,
      Sebastian