Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

PCA on subset after windowing.

wesselwessel Member Posts: 537 Maven
edited August 2019 in Help
Dear All,

I wish to apply PCA on attribute subsets on the dataset created by the windowing operator.
My original dataset has 10 attributes: att0 ... att9.
After windowing with window size 50 I have 500 attributes: att0-0 ... att0-49 ...att9-0 ... att9-49.
I wish to apply PCA on the subsets attx-0 ... attx-49.
And then join the resulting datasets after to get a dataset containing pc1_att0 pc2_att0 ... pc1_att9 pc2_att9.

Can someone give me some help with creating attribute subsets?
And joining dataset after processing?

Note that I can't simple apply PCA on the dataset after the windowing operator, because this dataset contains 500 attributes.
In matlab I applied PCA manually on each subset containing only 50 attributes and observed good results.

edit: I guess I can use the loop attribute operator before the windowing operator.
edit: hmm no that gives problem with the label attribute

Best regards,

Wessel

Answers

• SebastianLohSebastianLoh Member Posts: 99 Contributor II
    Hi wessel,

I am not sure if I understood you problem entirely but maybe the "Work on Subset" operator could be a hind. Use the attribute filter regular expression to filter the right attributes.

Ciao Sebastian