Options

"Text Processing Module Is not Seen/Found"

EnderEnder Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited May 2019 in Help
Hi all,
I downloaded the community edition of the Rapidminer and installed the program successfully. Then, I updated the program with Text Processing 5.1.1 module, and also I installed the web mining module. The problem is that 'Text Processing' module under operators does not show up. I restarted the program, but the problem remains the same. When I look at the updates, Text Processing module seems to be installed, but it is not seen in the operators part. What can I do about that? Is it because I use community edition?
P.S. I reinstalled the program and the modules just to make sure that I am not making any mistakes.
Thank you for your support,

Answers

• Options
    IngoRMIngoRM Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Hi,

could you please check in the in the Help menu -> About installed extensions... if the text extension is shown there? Can you start RapidMiner from command line and check if there any error during startup?

Cheers,
    Ingo
  • Options
    SNASNA Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
    Dear Ingo,

I experience exactly the same issue (running windows 7 (32bit) with a recent version of Java).
    I Installed Rapidminer several times, and tried all versions, but the text processing module does not show up in the menu under installed extentions.
    Do you have any suggestions?

regards,

John
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,995 RM Engineering
    Hi,

could you check if there is a text processing extension .jar file (should look like "rapidminer-Text Processing-5.1.001.jar") located in your RapidMiner/lib/plugins folder?

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    Hi,

The plugins folder is indeed empty, however the update manager says this text processing module is up-to-date.
    "Manage extentions" also shows that the text processing module is installed.

Cheers,
    John
  • Options
    Hi,

I just installed the 64-bit version of Rapidminer on another PC (Running Windows7 64 bit).
    There the Text processing Module seems to be installed properly with the update manager.

Cheers,

John
  • Options
    Hi,

I think I found the solution.
    I downloaded the text processing module from the Sourceforge website en used the .exe file to install it.
    Now it seems to work on my 32 bit system.

Cheers,

John