Options

Cannot run RapidMiner in Eclipse

SasithornSasithorn Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi Everyone

I am very new to both Eclipse and RapidMiner and I would like to be able to run RapidMiner on Eclipse.
What I have done so far is follow the instructions from this link http://rapid-i.com/content/view/25/48/

But I could not run the project. There are so many errors coming up.
Can anyone help me with this? T__T

Below are the errors coming up:
  • The attribute value is undefined for the annotation type XmlSeeAlso
  • The import javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlSeeAlso cannot be resolved
  • The import javax.xml.ws.WebServiceFeature cannot be resolved
  • WebServiceFeature cannot be resolved to a type
The above errors occur when I use JDK 6 but if I use JDK 7 only one error occurs:
  • The type DriverAdapter must implement the inherited abstract method Driver.getParentLogger()
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi,

you definitely have to use JDK6, we don't support JDK7 yet. Which edition of RapidMiner did you download? The manual you refer to is a bit outdated in the sense that you have to replace each occurence of "Vega" with "Unuk" (that's the current branch of RapidMiner).

Best,
    Marius
  • Options
    SasithornSasithorn Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    Hi Marius,

Thanks for the reply. I am now using JDK 6 at the moment and now I checked out the Unuk edition of RapidMiner but there are even more errors, previously there was 28 errors but now there are 35 errors and some new errors come up also.

Errors (35 items)
    • The attribute value is undefined for the annotation type XmlSeeAlso
      (this error occurs at resource AccountService.java, ManagementService.java, ProcessService.java, RapidHome.java, RepositoryService.java, Response.java, and UpdateService.java)
    • The import javax.xml.bind.annotation.XmlSeeAlso cannot be resolved
      (this error occurs at resource AccountService.java, ManagementService.java, ProcessService.java, RapidHome.java, RepositoryService.java, Response.java, and UpdateService.java)
    • The import javax.xml.ws.WebServiceFeature cannot be resolved
      (this error occurs at resource AccountServiceService.java, ManagementServiceService.java, ProcessService_Service.java, RapidHomeService.java, RepositoryService_Service.java, and UpdateServiceService.java)
    • The method getBorder(new DefaultListCellRenderer(){}, ComponentUI, String) is undefined for the type DefaultLookup
      (this error occurs at resource RegexpPropertyDialog.java
    • WebServiceFeature cannot be resolved to a type
      (this error occurs at resource AccountServiceService.java, ManagementServiceService.java, ProcessService_Service.java, RapidHomeService.java, RepositoryService_Service.java, and UpdateServiceService.java)
    • XmlSeeAlso cannot be resolved to a type
    Is there a possibility that these errors happen because there are errors coming up when I check out the project of Unuk edition of RapidMiner. Here is the captured image of the error screen when I checked out.

Best,
    Sasithorn
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,995 RM Engineering
    Hi,

you're running into problems with the Subclipse plugin of Eclipse. If you're using the latest Eclipse version (codename Indigo) I suggest using Subclipse 1.8.x
    See here for installation instructions. Make sure to select everything when asked which components of Subclipse to install.
    Also see here for the error your image shows.

Regards,
    Marco