Options

"positive value" in generalized sequential patterns (gsp)

jan87jan87 Member Posts: 14 Contributor II
Hello,

I want to use the gsp operator, but i do not know what is required in the parameter "positive value". If I leave it blank, a mistake occurs. I added a binominal attribute and put the value "true" in the parameter "positive value" but still a mistake occurs...

Thank you for help.

Answers

• Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Hi,

it is always good not to just say that an error occurs, but also to post the error message. Please read the post linked from my signature on how to write good questions.

However, in your case you should have a dataset containing a time attribute, a customer id and a number of binominal attributes which indicate if a customer bought an item or not. Since RapidMiner usually does not know anything about "positive" and "negative", you have to specify which value in you binominal attributes represents "positive". So if your attributes contain "true" and "false", you would enter "true", if they contain "yes" and "no" enter "yes" for the parameter positive_value.

All the best,
    Marius