Options

Help! Need to downgrade to RapidMiner 5.2, STAT!

ArakusArakus Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
How can I downgrade from RapidMiner 5.3 to the previous 5.2 release?

I have committed the sin of upgrading while in the middle of a major project and the processes I desperately need are completely broken by 5.3. Must get back to 5.2 right away.

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Options
    srt19170srt19170 Member Posts: 44 Contributor II
    You can download old versions manually off of the Sourceforge repository:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/rapidminer/files/1.%20RapidMiner/5.2/
  • Options
    Thank you for the link!

(Embarrassingly, I'd forgotten I still had a 5.2 installer in my Downloads folder.)

Turns out that doesn't really solve my larger problem. My processes involved a heavy amount of text processing and it looks like even with the 5.2 installed again those operators are still missing. Not quite sure how to resolve things from here...

• Options
    Found the fix!

Went to Help -> Manage Extensions and rolled anything 5.3 back to 5.2 versions from their drop-down menu. Restarted RapidMiner 5.2 and now my process loads as expected. No alerts, all connections back in place.

Guess even though I uninstalled RapidMiner 5.3 the extensions weren't fully removed? Weird...

• Options
    Nils_WoehlerNils_Woehler Member Posts: 463 Maven
    Hi,

you managed extensions are saved in the .RapidMiner5 folder in your user folder. If you uninstall RapidMiner they are still kept, only the RapidMiner files in the Programm Files folder are removed.
    I'm a bit curious. which operatos did vanish/do not work anymore? RapidMiner 5.3 should be totally backwards compatible and if something is broken we should fix it ASAP.

Best,
    Nils