Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

[SOLVED] Xpath syntax help for extract information process

pjdoubleyoupjdoubleyou Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
Hello everyone,
Very new to Rapid Miner, but really excited about what it can do. I've got a question about Xpath syntax, I'm trying to grab the H1 of class 'mainbox-titile' (it's the product name, "ADORA SANDAL - 238523") from http://www.eccocanada.com/adora-sandal-238523.html. I've tried various different versions of //h:*[@class='mainbox-title']/h:h1/text(), but I can't seem to get it right. Any tips would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks,

Answers

• SkirzynskiSkirzynski Member Posts: 164 Maven
    Hey,

You want to grab the the h1 tag with the class 'mainbox-title', but your XPath says that you want any tag with the class 'mainbox-title' which contains a h1 tag. So your path finds the h1 tag, looks inside, does not find another h1 tag within the h1 tag, and thus, returns nothing.

So, the correct path for the title is:

//h:h1[@class='mainbox-title']/text()
  • pjdoubleyoupjdoubleyou Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
    Works like a charm! Thanks for the help and apologies for the slow reply...