Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Join

amotleyamotley Member Posts: 17 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help

I am using the join operator to find similar entires in two data sets. However, my output is coming up empty. I know there are similar entries in the data, but they aren't showing up. 

Thoughts on what I am doing wrong??

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,528 RM Data Scientist

Dear motley,

a join is not searching for similar things put joining ("appending horizontally") those examples who have the exact same ID.

~Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • bhupendra_patilbhupendra_patil Employee, Member Posts: 168 RM Data Scientist

Hi @amotley

I know there was a seperate thread around the same topic here

http://community.rapidminer.com/t5/RapidMiner-Studio/Comparing-two-sets-of-data/td-p/31292

There are some solutions provided there.

let us know if any of those did not work for you

• amotleyamotley Member Posts: 17 Contributor II

Totally forgot I already asked about that! Thank you so  much for your help :) 

• bhupendra_patilbhupendra_patil Employee, Member Posts: 168 RM Data Scientist

Hello @amotley

If you think having the join/intersect and other data blending operators rely on more than ID, then please submit your idea here and we can vote it 

http://community.rapidminer.com/t5/Ideas-for-the-Community/idb-p/CommIdeas

Our engineering and product management team is monitoring forums, but a vote based system helps us understand demand for specific requests.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

BP