Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Regex to extract Twitter handles from post

esboylesesboyles Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Searching high and low for a regex to use with a Generate Attributes operator to pull @handle from twitter posts.

Anyone have an efficient and accurate expression that can do that?

Note, there might be multiple @handles so I want them all.

Many thanks.

Tagged:

Answers

• Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn

I do all that within Text Processing as part of the tokenization, but if you want to extract to do it on a tweet level I would use one of the Replace type operators with a capturing group. 

• esboylesesboyles Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

The search continues... trying this in a Generate Attibute operator.  (?:\s|\A)[##]+([A-Za-z0-9-_]+) thinking that I would start with generating hashtags to a store for later analysis.

This checks out on http://www.regexplanet.com/ but when implemented as an expression, RM states a Token recognition error at ?

Any tips on making this seemingly simple approach work? Does RM impelment the Java Regex specification or something else?

Thanks

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager

hi @esboyles - so a quick search here on the community for "regex not working" revealed a nice post by Ingo where he talks about the differences between javascript regex parser vs java regex parser: http://community.rapidminer.com/t5/RapidMiner-Studio-Forum/regex-not-working/m-p/35676

Scott