Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

create attribute whit increasing number elements such as 1 2 3 . . .

kmousavi76kmousavi76 Member Posts: 2 Learner III
edited December 2018 in Help

hi

in matlab programing we can easily access and manage data of array types. but in rapidminer i don't know ho can access an manage them . for example b=a(1:10) expresion get 1 to 10 elements of a variable and put them to b variable . very easy accec and creat array . but in rapidminer i don't know how this performed . or i want to craet an attribute with increasing number elements such as 1 2 3 4 5 . . .  as attribute elements but i dont know how creat them . can any one help me ?

thanks all .

Best Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    Solution Accepted

hello @kmousavi76 - welcome to the community. Have you tried the Generate Univariate Series operator in the Operator Toolbox extension?

Scott

• IngoRMIngoRM Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Community Manager, RMResearcher, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,751 RM Founder
    Solution Accepted

Another solution just for generating this sequence is to use the operator "Generate ID"...

Cheers,

Ingo

Answers

• landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn

Hi,

for generating arbitrary sequences we added several operators to the jackhammer extension. This saves the three operator combination "Generate ID" / "Set Role" / "Rename". And if you need it to start at 0 or in different step sizes, this would require a "Generate Attribute" as well.

The Jackhammer Extension has operators to:
    Generate Sequence - Creates a sequence attribute with given offset and step size
    Generate Group Index - Creates a sequence attribute with given offset and step size that restarts counting when some specifyable attributes change their value. With that you can e.g. number actions in a sequence if you have a multiple sequence data set
    Generate Group Sequence - Creates a counter for the group itself
    Generate Sequence Data - Creates a new data set just with the sequence of a specifiable size. Very useful for joining in several situations

Just PM me if you want to have the newest version. I think the one on the marketplace still misses the Generate Group INdex.

Greetings,
    Sebastian

• kmousavi76kmousavi76 Member Posts: 2 Learner III

hi my friends thank all to answering my question .