Options

Problem when trying to retrieve data

MarlaBotMarlaBot Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member Posts: 57 Community Manager
edited February 2019 in Help
A RapidMiner user wants to know the answer to this question: "Hey, I am connecting retrieve data operator to filter example, since I want to filter the missing values, I get no variable in the first cell of "enter value." I am attaching my XML process. Do you know why this is happening?"

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><process version="9.2.000"> <context> <input/> <output/> <macros/> </context> <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="9.2.000" expanded="true" name="Process"> <parameter key="logverbosity" value="init"/> <parameter key="random_seed" value="2001"/> <parameter key="send_mail" value="never"/> <parameter key="notification_email" value=""/> <parameter key="process_duration_for_mail" value="30"/> <parameter key="encoding" value="SYSTEM"/> <process expanded="true"> <operator activated="true" class="retrieve" compatibility="9.2.000" expanded="true" height="68" name="Retrieve" width="90" x="45" y="34"> <parameter key="repository_entry" value="//Local Repository/data/DataSet1"/> </operator> <operator activated="true" class="filter_examples" compatibility="9.2.000" expanded="true" height="103" name="Filter Examples" width="90" x="179" y="34"> <parameter key="parameter_expression" value=""/> <parameter key="condition_class" value="custom_filters"/> <parameter key="invert_filter" value="false"/> <list key="filters_list"/> <parameter key="filters_logic_and" value="true"/> <parameter key="filters_check_metadata" value="true"/> </operator> <connect from_op="Retrieve" from_port="output" to_op="Filter Examples" to_port="example set input"/> <connect from_op="Filter Examples" from_port="example set output" to_port="result 1"/> <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/> <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/> <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/> </process> </operator> </process>

Answers

• Options
    varunm1varunm1 Moderator, Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    Your XML is fine as I cannot reproduce this issue without an original dataset. If possible, can you provide the dataset
    Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

• Options
    dbabrauskaitedbabrauskaite Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
    Yes, attaching the dataset. Thank you. 
  • Options
    Thanks @dbabrauskaite for providing dataset. I checked with the provided dataset and it seems to work fine for me. XML and screenshots below. Can you ask the user to use this XML and connect his the dataset and try?
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><process version="9.2.000">
      <context>
        <input/>
        <output/>
        <macros/>
      </context>
      <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="9.2.000" expanded="true" name="Process">
        <parameter key="logverbosity" value="init"/>
        <parameter key="random_seed" value="2001"/>
        <parameter key="send_mail" value="never"/>
        <parameter key="notification_email" value=""/>
        <parameter key="process_duration_for_mail" value="30"/>
        <parameter key="encoding" value="SYSTEM"/>
        <process expanded="true">
          <operator activated="true" class="retrieve" compatibility="9.2.000" expanded="true" height="68" name="Retrieve DataSet1" width="90" x="45" y="34">
            <parameter key="repository_entry" value="//Local Repository/RM_Comm/DataSet1"/>
          </operator>
          <operator activated="true" class="filter_examples" compatibility="9.2.000" expanded="true" height="103" name="Filter Examples" width="90" x="179" y="34">
            <parameter key="parameter_expression" value=""/>
            <parameter key="condition_class" value="custom_filters"/>
            <parameter key="invert_filter" value="false"/>
            <list key="filters_list"/>
            <parameter key="filters_logic_and" value="true"/>
            <parameter key="filters_check_metadata" value="true"/>
          </operator>
          <connect from_op="Retrieve DataSet1" from_port="output" to_op="Filter Examples" to_port="example set input"/>
          <connect from_op="Filter Examples" from_port="example set output" to_port="result 1"/>
          <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
        </process>
      </operator>
    </process>

Regards,
    Varun

• Options
    Gonfiaf_ZuraikGonfiaf_Zuraik Member Posts: 9 Contributor II
    hi @varunm1 ! thank you , i am the one who had this problem and talked to your community manager MarlaBot. just signed in to contact you directly 
    can we chat somewhere? or have a remote assistance so i can show u my screen directly? the issue for me is bigger than sending msgs here and screenshots, im working on a project that i have to submit tonight 

thanks a lot 

Jana
  • Options
    dbabrauskaitedbabrauskaite Member Posts: 6 Contributor II
    edited February 2019
    Thank you @varunm1 . It worked fine for me as well. @Gonfiaf_Zuraik seems to be getting this error message attached. Any idea how to fix this? 
    cx.jpg 38.5K
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    @Gonfiaf_Zuraik I sent you a private message.

Edit: If you are unaware of how to check a private message, you can look at the below mentioned icon beside your name in the top right corner of this webpage.

Regards,
    Varun

• Options
    Hi @dbabrauskaite and @sgenzer

I checked it, I even tried different sample datasets provided in RM samples. The issue is with filter example operators as it is not detecting any attributes from the dataset. 
    Regards,
    Varun

• Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    yep typical metadata propagation problem