Options

Can we increase the expiration date of the JWT token

divya_dasdivya_das Member Posts: 14 Newbie
edited April 2019 in Help
We have the token service API : $RMServerHost/api/rest/tokenservice
As per the documentation "
The expirationDate indicates how long the JWT is valid, the default is 5 minutes."
Can we increase the expiration date for the generated token? 
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,995 RM Engineering
    Hi,

You can add a system setting for the expiration amount in seconds. Defaults to 300 (aka 5 minutes).
    Setting is called "com.rapidanalytics.jwt.expiration".
    See here for how to change system settings: https://docs.rapidminer.com/latest/server/configure/settings/

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    divya_dasdivya_das Member Posts: 14 Newbie
    Hi,

I tried the mentioned setting, added it to RapidMiner Server-> Administration->System Settings. I had set a value of 600 and then later 9000 for the setting "com.rapidanalytics.jwt.expiration". I restarted the server as well. But, when I hit the token service, the generated token still has an expiration duration of 5 minutes. 

Also, I checked in the documentation, Configure RapidMiner Server ->  Settings and Services -> Table of Settings. This does not have the mentioned setting for jwt.expiration.

Regards,
    Divya
  • Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,995 RM Engineering
    Hi,

I confirmed with the team responsible for it that this is indeed how it works. That it's not in the table is just an oversight.
    I'm not sure why it does not seem to work for you. Please open a support case if you cannot get it to work.

Regards,
    Marco