Options

Trigger functionality to trigger rapid miner process after outside process completed

chiragrpatelchiragrpatel Member Posts: 6 Contributor I
Hi Everyone,

I have requirement where I have some outside process (outside of Rapidminer) drop some file on RapidMiner server and as soon as file is dropped, I would like to run my rapidminer process.

From Scheduling tool, we can schedule job based on cron expression, but not based on some kind of file trigger or file watch.

If someone have achieve this functionality in rapidminer and can share the approach that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Chirag Patel

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,512 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,
    why cant you just call an exposed WS of RM Server right after you drop it?
    BR,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    Thank you Martin for your response.

We can call WS, but it is rest service (Asynchronous) and our scheduling tool (Tidal Workload Automation) only works in Synchronous fashion.

The way WS works will not help in this case. WS work in following manner.

We call WS for process --> It gives response right away (scheduled/started running process with processid or something)

Our expectation is processes running in Synchronous fashion like below.

We start the process --> Process keep running and keep the connection open until it results in failure or success.

Thanks,
    Chirag Patel 
  • Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,512 RM Data Scientist
    i know that you are already in contact with my colleague @MarcoBarradas and we work from our professional service side on the solution. I will contribute on this channel.
    But maybe other great experts like @kayman or @Telcontar120 have thoughts here?
    BR,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    Yes. You are right Martin and Thank you for following with others. I have also asked @MarcoBarradas and @Sharan_Gadi to help on on this from RapidMiner side.

Thanks,
    Chirag Patel
  • Options
    Just FYI... I was able to achieve the trigger watch functionality using python script. Please find attached solution.

• Options
    Adding updated sample code as there was tabbing issue in previous file for some code. Some how I am not able to remove attached file, but used TriggerFileFunctionality.rmp file for latest sample code.