RapidMiner

Teradata connection pending

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor II

Teradata connection pending

[ Edited ]

I went into the "manage dabase drivers" opion in RapidMiner Studio and I created an entry for Teradata.  I then went into "manage database connections" and I created an entry to connect to a Teradata database.  I tested by pressing the "Test" button and it told me "Connection OK".  I then went into the repository tab and I tried to expand my teradata connection, but all I get is a "Pending..." under the connection tree item.  Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?  My connection string looks like this:  jdbc:teradata://MY_SERVER/LOGMECH=LDAP.    See attachment for what I mean by "Pending".

See more topics labeled with:

Attachments

11 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Teradata connection pending

It might trying to fetch the metadata of all the tables. It could take a bit.

Regards,
Thomas
LinkedIn: Thomas Ott
Blog: Neural Market Trends

I would recommend to turn off the meta data fetching in the preferences.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Head of Data Science Services at RapidMiner
Contributor II

I just turned off "Evaluate SQL meta data" in "settings / preferences / user interface / miscellaneous":  see attachment.    Still have the same problem.  

Attachments

Contributor II

OK, now I get a message in the log.  It states:

Mar 3, 2017 11:37:08 AM SEVERE: could not create repository action: class com.rapidminer.repository.gui.actions.StoreProcessAction

I'm not sure if this is in response to my attempt to connect to Teradata.

Community Manager

Were you trying to write something the Teradata database?

Regards,
Thomas
Contributor II

I was just trying to select.  No writes.

Community Manager

@Marco_Boeck do you have any experience with Teradata? I'm not sure what's going on with his connection here.

Regards,
Thomas
Contributor II

I just tried connecting to my Oracle database and I have the same exact problem.   Are there any logs I can look at?

Contributor II

OK, after waiting a long time, the oracle connection worked, but it gave me several messages such as:
Mar 7, 2017 10:57:01 AM WARNING: Failed to fetch column meta data for table <SCHEMA.TABLE_NAME goes here>: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01427: single-row subquery returns more than one row
Someone earlier in this thread suggested that I turn off meta data fetching.  Can someone tell me where exactly that is done?  I attached an image where I think it should be done.

Attachments