RapidMiner

small bug RM7.5 - adding note to Execute Program

Highlighted
Elite II

small bug RM7.5 - adding note to Execute Program

Hi...I think there's a small bug in RM7.5 with the Execute Program operator.  It will not allow me to attach a note to it.  It's the only operator where I am seeing this problem.  If I click the yellow sticky note icon while highlighting this particular operator, it creates a standalone yellow sticky instead of a note attached to the operator.

Scott

Scott Genzer
Certified RapidMiner Analyst
Genzer Consulting
2 REPLIES

Re: small bug RM7.5 - adding note to Execute Program

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I just tested this with the 7.5.1 release (because I was just testing that anyway Smiley Wink), and it works fine. We also did not touch anything in that area which should affect this, so this is a bit weird to hear.. Will keep an eye out. Nevertheless, if you have trouble with that, you can also right-click the operator and select "Add note", or just drag&drop an existing note on the operator Smiley Happy

Regards,

Marco

Re: small bug RM7.5 - adding note to Execute Program

thanks, Marco.  Those workarounds are good.  Perhaps it's a Mac/PC GUI issue?  I'm on a Mac Pro running OS X 10.12.4.  

FWIW, I still occasionally get weird GUI things from time to time that have been there for several versions.  The most annoying one is when I am moving tabs around in the design or results view and it freezes when the icon is a blue square with a plus sign in the middle.  I cannot routinely cause the bug so of course it's hard to track  Smiley Happy

Scott

Scott Genzer
Certified RapidMiner Analyst
Genzer Consulting