Options

Loading a process from myExperiment

colocolo Member Posts: 236 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,

I tried to open a project from myExperiment using the Community Extension.

The process doesn't open and the following exception is thrown:
Sep 13, 2011 10:07:07 AM com.rapidminer.io.community.MyExperimentConnection open
INFO: Downloading workflow from http://www.myexperiment.org/workflows/1724/download/loop_repository__amp__append_data_79565.
Exception in thread "ProgressThread" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.rapid_i.deployment.update.client.ProgressReportingInputStream.<init>(Ljava/io/InputStream;Lcom/rapidminer/tools/ProgressListener;III)V
at com.rapidminer.io.community.MyExperimentConnection.open(MyExperimentConnection.java:338)
at com.rapidminer.gui.community.MyExperimentBrowser$4$1.run(MyExperimentBrowser.java:208)
at com.rapidminer.gui.tools.ProgressThread$2.run(ProgressThread.java:176)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Might there be something wrong on my side? I didn't use this extension for a long time, but it was working for me earlier.

Regards
Matthias

Answers

• Options
    MikolajMikolaj Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    I'm having a similar problem. In addition, I cannot upload processes anymore from the Community Extension. What is worse, I cannot export the process from RM in such a way that it could be uploaded manually to myExperiment. Could it be that the compatibility between RM and myExperiment is broken in 5.3?

My current setup:

RapidMiner 5.3.005
    Community Extension 5.1.000

I've tried both under Ubuntu 12.10 and Win7, the same result. I've also tried running versions 5.2 and 5.3 with Java 6 and Java 7, none of these combinations seems to work. The Java error stack is the following:

Mar 16, 2013 7:21:29 PM com.rapidminer.io.community.MyExperimentConnection open
    INFO: Opened zip stream
    Exception in thread "ProgressThread" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    at org.freehep.graphicsio.svg.SVGGraphics2D.writeImage(SVGGraphics2D.java:543)
    at org.freehep.graphicsio.AbstractVectorGraphicsIO.drawImage(AbstractVectorGraphicsIO.java:481)
    at org.freehep.graphicsio.AbstractVectorGraphicsIO.drawImage(AbstractVectorGraphicsIO.java:370)
    at javax.swing.ImageIcon.paintIcon(ImageIcon.java:413)
    at com.rapidminer.gui.flow.ProcessRenderer.renderOperator(ProcessRenderer.java:1424)
    at com.rapidminer.gui.flow.ProcessRenderer.renderSubprocess(ProcessRenderer.java:1163)
    at com.rapidminer.gui.flow.ProcessRenderer.render(ProcessRenderer.java:1596)
    at com.rapidminer.io.community.MyExperimentWorkflowConverter.streamSVG(MyExperimentWorkflowConverter.java:227)
    at com.rapidminer.io.community.MyExperimentWorkflowConverter.makeSVG(MyExperimentWorkflowConverter.java:234)
    at com.rapidminer.io.community.MyExperimentWorkflowConverter.streamZip(MyExperimentWorkflowConverter.java:150)
    at com.rapidminer.io.community.MyExperimentWorkflowConverter.makeZip(MyExperimentWorkflowConverter.java:132)
    at com.rapidminer.io.community.MyExperimentWorkflowConverter.convertProcessToWorkflow(MyExperimentWorkflowConverter.java:82)
    at com.rapidminer.gui.community.UploadWorkflowDialog$2.run(UploadWorkflowDialog.java:154)
    at com.rapidminer.gui.tools.ProgressThread$2.run(ProgressThread.java:189)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
    at org.freehep.graphics2d.PixelGraphics2D.<clinit>(PixelGraphics2D.java:101)
    ... 17 more
    Mar 16, 2013 7:23:39 PM com.rapidminer.gui.RapidMinerGUI$ShutdownHook run
    I

Mikolaj
  • Options
    Nils_WoehlerNils_Woehler Member Posts: 463 Maven
    Hi,

thanks for reporting. In fact there seems to be a compatibility problem.
    We will investigate the issue and release a new version soon.

Best,
    Nils
  • Options
    rkbukowsrkbukows Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
    I have the same problem. Tried various older versions (5.0, 5.1 and 5.2) of RM without sucess. When would you expect a new version which would work with the community extension?

Many thanks,

Radek
  • Options
    Nils_WoehlerNils_Woehler Member Posts: 463 Maven
    Hi,

the new version of the Community Extension is already ready. But there is a bug in the API of MyExperiment.. Thus we will wait with the release of the new version until this bug is fixed.

Best,
    Nils