Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Loading a process from myExperiment

colocolo Member Posts: 236 Maven
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,

I tried to open a project from myExperiment using the Community Extension.

The process doesn't open and the following exception is thrown:
Sep 13, 2011 10:07:07 AM com.rapidminer.io.community.MyExperimentConnection open
INFO: Downloading workflow from http://www.myexperiment.org/workflows/1724/download/loop_repository__amp__append_data_79565.
Exception in thread "ProgressThread" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.rapid_i.deployment.update.client.ProgressReportingInputStream.<init>(Ljava/io/InputStream;Lcom/rapidminer/tools/ProgressListener;III)V
at com.rapidminer.io.community.MyExperimentConnection.open(MyExperimentConnection.java:338)
at com.rapidminer.gui.community.MyExperimentBrowser$4$1.run(MyExperimentBrowser.java:208)
at com.rapidminer.gui.tools.ProgressThread$2.run(ProgressThread.java:176)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Might there be something wrong on my side? I didn't use this extension for a long time, but it was working for me earlier.

Regards
Matthias

Answers

• MikolajMikolaj Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    I'm having a similar problem. In addition, I cannot upload processes anymore from the Community Extension. What is worse, I cannot export the process from RM in such a way that it could be uploaded manually to myExperiment. Could it be that the compatibility between RM and myExperiment is broken in 5.3?

My current setup:

RapidMiner 5.3.005
    Community Extension 5.1.000

I've tried both under Ubuntu 12.10 and Win7, the same result. I've also tried running versions 5.2 and 5.3 with Java 6 and Java 7, none of these combinations seems to work. The Java error stack is the following:

Mar 16, 2013 7:21:29 PM com.rapidminer.io.community.MyExperimentConnection open
    INFO: Opened zip stream
    Exception in thread "ProgressThread" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    at org.freehep.graphicsio.svg.SVGGraphics2D.writeImage(SVGGraphics2D.java:543)
    at org.freehep.graphicsio.AbstractVectorGraphicsIO.drawImage(AbstractVectorGraphicsIO.java:481)
    at org.freehep.graphicsio.AbstractVectorGraphicsIO.drawImage(AbstractVectorGraphicsIO.java:370)
    at javax.swing.ImageIcon.paintIcon(ImageIcon.java:413)
    at com.rapidminer.gui.flow.ProcessRenderer.renderOperator(ProcessRenderer.java:1424)
    at com.rapidminer.gui.flow.ProcessRenderer.renderSubprocess(ProcessRenderer.java:1163)
    at com.rapidminer.gui.flow.ProcessRenderer.render(ProcessRenderer.java:1596)
    at com.rapidminer.io.community.MyExperimentWorkflowConverter.streamSVG(MyExperimentWorkflowConverter.java:227)
    at com.rapidminer.io.community.MyExperimentWorkflowConverter.makeSVG(MyExperimentWorkflowConverter.java:234)
    at com.rapidminer.io.community.MyExperimentWorkflowConverter.streamZip(MyExperimentWorkflowConverter.java:150)
    at com.rapidminer.io.community.MyExperimentWorkflowConverter.makeZip(MyExperimentWorkflowConverter.java:132)
    at com.rapidminer.io.community.MyExperimentWorkflowConverter.convertProcessToWorkflow(MyExperimentWorkflowConverter.java:82)
    at com.rapidminer.gui.community.UploadWorkflowDialog$2.run(UploadWorkflowDialog.java:154)
    at com.rapidminer.gui.tools.ProgressThread$2.run(ProgressThread.java:189)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
    at org.freehep.graphics2d.PixelGraphics2D.<clinit>(PixelGraphics2D.java:101)
    ... 17 more
    Mar 16, 2013 7:23:39 PM com.rapidminer.gui.RapidMinerGUI$ShutdownHook run
    I

Mikolaj
  • Nils_WoehlerNils_Woehler Member Posts: 463 Maven
    Hi,

thanks for reporting. In fact there seems to be a compatibility problem.
    We will investigate the issue and release a new version soon.

Best,
    Nils
  • rkbukowsrkbukows Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
    I have the same problem. Tried various older versions (5.0, 5.1 and 5.2) of RM without sucess. When would you expect a new version which would work with the community extension?

Many thanks,

Radek
  • Nils_WoehlerNils_Woehler Member Posts: 463 Maven
    Hi,

the new version of the Community Extension is already ready. But there is a bug in the API of MyExperiment.. Thus we will wait with the release of the new version until this bug is fixed.

Best,
    Nils