"split values of column into new column"

FrisoFriso Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
edited June 2019 in Help
Hi,
would I would like be able to split certain values in a column and put these values in a new column. I.e:

|"Cognome"|"Nome"|"Via_completa"|"Civico"|"Esponente"|"CAP"|"Frazione"|"Comune"|"Provincia"
|"ACCROCCA"|"ALESSIO"|"VIA NAPOLI"|"83"||"00055"||"LADISPOLI"|"RM"

The "Via_completa"column is made out of the values 'VIA' and 'NAPOLI'. To normalize the address according to my data set I would like to split the values 'VIA' and 'NAPOLI' in the column "Via_completa" and create a new column called 'DUG' and place value 'VIA' in the new column.
Like this:

"Cognome"|"Nome"|"DUG"|"Via_completa"|"Civico"|"Esponente"|"CAP"|"Frazione"|"Comune"|"Provincia"
|"ACCROCCA"|"ALESSIO"|"VIA"|"NAPOLI"|"83"||"00055"||"LADISPOLI"|"RM"

In Excel there is a 'Split text among columns' function. Is there a similar operator in Rapid miner to execute this function?
Thanks,
Friso
Tagged:

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,503 RM Data Scientist
    Hi,

If you read this as .CSV you can directly do the split using a regular expression. Otherwise the split operator is the way to go.

Best,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany