RapidMiner 9.7 is Now Available

Lots of amazing new improvements including true version control! Learn more about what's new here.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

"split values of column into new column"

FrisoFriso Member Posts: 1 Contributor I
edited June 2019 in Help
Hi,
would I would like be able to split certain values in a column and put these values in a new column. I.e:

|"Cognome"|"Nome"|"Via_completa"|"Civico"|"Esponente"|"CAP"|"Frazione"|"Comune"|"Provincia"
|"ACCROCCA"|"ALESSIO"|"VIA NAPOLI"|"83"||"00055"||"LADISPOLI"|"RM"

The "Via_completa"column is made out of the values 'VIA' and 'NAPOLI'. To normalize the address according to my data set I would like to split the values 'VIA' and 'NAPOLI' in the column "Via_completa" and create a new column called 'DUG' and place value 'VIA' in the new column.
Like this:

"Cognome"|"Nome"|"DUG"|"Via_completa"|"Civico"|"Esponente"|"CAP"|"Frazione"|"Comune"|"Provincia"
|"ACCROCCA"|"ALESSIO"|"VIA"|"NAPOLI"|"83"||"00055"||"LADISPOLI"|"RM"

In Excel there is a 'Split text among columns' function. Is there a similar operator in Rapid miner to execute this function?
Thanks,
Friso
Tagged:

Answers

• mschmitzmschmitz Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 2,462  RM Data Scientist
    Hi,

If you read this as .CSV you can directly do the split using a regular expression. Otherwise the split operator is the way to go.

Best,
    Martin
    - Head of Data Science Services at RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany