Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

PM SEVERE: Failed to create HTML5 browser!

Parth_IntwalaParth_Intwala Member Posts: 1 Learner I
I am currently using Windows 10 64 bit OS and version of rapid_miner is 9.2 which was the only version available to download. Now, when I want to visualise the data it prompts an error: "PM SEVERE: Failed to create HTML5 browser!".

P.S. Resolve it as early as possible.

Answers

• varunm1varunm1 Member Posts: 1,207 Unicorn
    Hello @Parth_Intwala

There are a couple of workarounds for this.

1. Using Legacy charts: You can switch to legacy charts and try them in case it's urgent. You can change to legacy charts in RapidMiner studio by going to Settings--> Preferences --> User Interface. Then select the below options highlighted in Red.

2: In the second case you can try to open HTML 5 in safe mode. This options is also present in Settings --> Preferences --> User Interface. Then at the end of this page select HTML5 Safe Mode and try.

Issue: To understand the issue, try to open Rapid Miner from the bat file. You can find bat file in C:\Program Files\RapidMiner\RapidMiner Studio folder. You can double click the RapidMiner-Studio (file type Windows Batch File). Once you double click this file, it will show you are a command prompt that is initializing RapidMiner once it completes opening RapidMiner studio. You can use CTRL+F to search for HTML in the command prompt window and see what you are going on there. For me like its working fine, I am getting as shown in below figure. In your case, you can see and post here. 

There is a similar question in the below thread. @mschmitz can provide some information.

I hope this helps.
    Regards,
    Varun
    https://www.varunmandalapu.com/

Be Safe. Follow precautions and Maintain Social Distancing

• azleenaazleena Member Posts: 7 Learner II
    I'm using Mac, how to solve the problem
  • User40550User40550 Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
    .. same problem here (Win10, 64bit), using 'safe mode' ist not a solution:
    Mar 26, 2020 2:50:08 PM INFO: HTML5 safe mode enabled. Skipping hardware accelerated browser setup test.
    Mar 26, 2020 2:50:24 PM SEVERE: Failed to create HTML5 browser!
    Legacy Charts are working.

Best regards,
    Ingo

• Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,996 RM Engineering
    Hi,

What does your rapidminer-studio.log file found in the C:/Users/xxx/.RapidMiner folder contain?

Regards,
    Marco
  • User40550User40550 Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
    .. ok, it was my fault: "Windows 10 Firewall Control Plus Edition x64" blocked the "BrowserCore Chromium Native Process".
    I didn't noticed, that this is a component of RapidMiner.

Best regards,
    Ingo