Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

File output for Execute Python

mpinedampineda Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited June 2019 in Help
Hi,

I have this issue and I hope you can help me solve it. What I want, is to download an Excel file from RapidMiner Web with a conditional formatting. This Excel file is an output of a process on the RapidMiner Studio.

I usually do this with the Write Excel operator.. but I want to customize the file with conditional formatting, and this can't be done with that.

So, I use the Execute Python operator and with code give the format I want to the file.. but this works if I write the file on my local repository. This is close to solve my issue, but what I want is to download that file from RapidMiner Web.. so the output of the process should be a file that keeps the given format.

That is my idea.. but I don't quite know how to do it. Also if you have different ideas that can solve my problem, are very welcome.

Thanks a lot!!
Tagged:

Answers

• rfuentealbarfuentealba RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member, University Professor Posts: 568 Unicorn
    Hello, @mpineda,

Have you seen the Advanced Reporting Extension? It seems to do what you want.

https://marketplace.rapidminer.com/UpdateServer/faces/product_details.xhtml?productId=rmx_adv_reporting

All the best,

Rodrigo.
  • mpinedampineda Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
    Hi @rfuentealba

I already take a quick look to this extension, but not quite solve the problem :(

Although, thanks a lot!
  • btamasbtamas Employee, Member Posts: 11 RM Team Member
    Hi @mpineda ,

if you want to use your own format, you can save your spreadsheet directly in the python code. Alternatively you can return a file descriptor object from the rm_main() method in python, and then use the Write File operator to save it in Studio directly to a file. I think both approach will solve your problem.

If this doesn't help, you could provide me more details about your problem (you can also write me a private message, if you like) and maybe I could show you a better solution.

All the best:
    Bence Tamás