🎉 🎉   RAPIDMINER 9.5 BETA IS OUT!!!   🎉 🎉

GRAB THE HOTTEST NEW BETA OF RAPIDMINER STUDIO, SERVER, AND RADOOP. LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

🦉 🎤   RapidMiner Wisdom 2020 - CALL FOR SPEAKERS   🦉 🎤

We are inviting all community members to submit proposals to speak at Wisdom 2020 in Boston.

Whether it's a cool RapidMiner trick or a use case implementation, we want to see what you have.
Form link is below and deadline for submissions is November 15. See you in Boston!

CLICK HERE TO GO TO ENTRY FORM

[New Extension] Projects

mschmitzmschmitz Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 2,157  RM Data Scientist
Hello Everybody!

I've just released a new extension called "Projects". This extension adds two new entries to your repository actions:
This allows you to create a standard setup for a project. It automatically creates a folder structure, add standard processes with defined documentation and so on. The structure for the Project looks like this:

Some of the processes already have a implementation. The 04-Learning one looks like this:

I hope that these templates can make your life easier andmake yourself more efficient. I appriciate any feedback on the templates and of course on further enhancements!

Best,
Martin
- Head of Data Science Services at RapidMiner -
Dortmund, Germany
Tagged:
jczogallajwpfauDavid_Asgenzertopaz_nPavithra_RaoyyhuangKnut-RMtftemmembsvarunm1SGolbertdbabrauskaiteAndy2jacobcybulskiey

Comments

• SGolbertSGolbert RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 341   Unicorn
    Hi Martin,

nice tool! It is nice to have some built-in support for an organized project in RM. Is there a plan to integrate CRISP-DM or Microsoft TDSP more tightly in the future?

Regards,
    Sebastian
  • mschmitzmschmitz Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 2,157  RM Data Scientist
    what do you mean with "integrate"?

The proposed project structure can be mapped to Crisp. It is loosly:
    - Data Prep
    - Model (Optimize..)
    - Investigate Results

What are your ideas? I am just doing an update here anyway. if there is something quick to add, i would be happy to to it.

BR,
    Martin
    Dortmund, Germany
  • SGolbertSGolbert RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 341   Unicorn
    Hi Martin,

I would like to have more support for documentation, specially an easy way of saving the visualizations within the process (I have already commented to Egi about this). It would be great to have a "Dashboard" view to save visualizations and comments. I normally also do a table describing the variables in Excel or Google Docs, maybe that could also be done directly in RM.

Regards,
    Sebastian
    EgiShiaku
  • mschmitzmschmitz Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 2,157  RM Data Scientist
    thats not a quick one i can do :/ But Egi and Crew are on it.

best
    Martin
    Dortmund, Germany
    Hi Everbody,

I've just released v0.1.1 of Projects extension. It is covering:
    === 0.1.1 ===
    * Added an option to only add the learner templates to your project. This includes the performance subprocess
    * Learner templates are now using ../../data/prepped data and not /Samples/Titanic. Added titanic as an example into data/prepped/.
    * Added a Radial SVM, Linear SVM, kNN and Naive Bayes template to learners
    Plans for 0.2 are:
    * Threshold optimzation
    * Feature Selection

Best,
    Martin
    Dortmund, Germany
    sgenzer