Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Can I publish RapidMiner results with Educational Edition license?

Casper72Casper72 Member Posts: 17 Contributor II
I'm a PhD student (Health Science), currently working on predictive analytics based on patient reported outcome measures. My application for a RapidMiner Studio Educational Edition license has been granted, and so far I really like it! My question is: can I publish results obtained with RapidMiner, without violating the license agreement? By publishing I mean submitting articles to journals. My thesis is not sponsored by any commercial corporations, and I do not intend to monetize on any results.

Best Answers

Answers

• Casper72Casper72 Member Posts: 17 Contributor II
    Thank you very much varunm1!
    Thank you Sebastian, that is a very good point.
    Hi Sven, 

Much appreciated! Just read your article and it is very informative :) Currently I have finished developing and validating a total of 45 logistic regression and MARS-models - 5 outcome measures x 9 diagnoses. I would like to see how well they stand up to more advanced methods (Machine Learning). For that purpose I think RapidMiner's Auto Model feature would be an excellent and time saving starting point. 

Casper.