Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Error message

User46772User46772 Member Posts: 16 Contributor II
I am an information management professor and I am using the book "Data Mining for the Masses" to guide my students through each chapter. One of them is getting the following error message "Cannot instantiate 'custom filters': Attribute 'deterioration' was not found in input data" when adding a 'Filter Example' operator to a dataset. Can someone help? 

Best Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,531 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted
    Is it a red or a yellow one?

Likely he did not use the Import Wizard of Read Excel and thus the meta data is not populated and he gets an orange warning.
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,531 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted
    that means the data is not there. Likely he renamed it before or something. Also be careful with white spaces in attribute names.
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany

Answers

• User46772User46772 Member Posts: 16 Contributor II
    Thank you very much. It is red.
  • User46772User46772 Member Posts: 16 Contributor II
    Thank you, I asked the student to make everything again carefully and the error did not happen. Thank everyone again.