Can I use a trigger without RM server?

mtmtmtmtmtmtmtmtmtmt Member Posts: 2 Newbie
Hi everyone

I'm taking some data from MSSQL and writing again on SQL. I need a trigger, can I do that without using a server? Pls help

Answers

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,282 RM Data Scientist
    Thats what the AIHub is for.
    - Head of Data Science Services at RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
    mtmtmtmtmt
  • mtmtmtmtmtmtmtmtmtmt Member Posts: 2 Newbie
    thx, but I am a student now, What is the price of the AIhub?
  • BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 816 Unicorn
    Hi @mtmtmtmtmt,

check out the script "rapidminer-batch" in your RapidMiner/scripts folder. This can execute the RapidMiner engine from the command line with a process, instead of starting the graphical interface. 

Your operating system certainly has a method for scheduling execution of command line processes regularly. So you can periodically execute a RapidMiner process using this method, although clumsily compared to AI Hub.

A trigger is an event-based method execution. Would you want to react to database changes and execute the process then instead of periodic scheduling? This is a bit more complicated but would be better solved with a long-running RapidMiner process that loops and/or waits for the changes and then starts the process you'd like to execute.

Regards,
    Balázs
    yyhuang