Options

Issue Loading Old Process / Error Re: sliding_window_validation operator

Noel_DNoel_D Member Posts: 9 Learner I
Hi All-

I'm doing an analysis that is similar to one I did waaaaay back in 2019. I tried loading a process from that old project and am getting the following error:

I've attached a copy of the process.

I see that the Sliding Window Validation (which back then was, I think, in a Time Series extension) is available in the 10.3 version of RM Studio. I'm sure this isn't trivial, but is there a way to "map" the old operator to the new one so that I can load the process?

Any/all workaround solutions would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

-Noel

Best Answer

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,510 RM Data Scientist
    Solution Accepted
    Hi @Noel_D ,
    the switch happened somewhen in RM8, so it was years ago. The series extension is still available on marketplace: https://marketplace.rapidminer.com/UpdateServer/faces/product_details.xhtml?productId=rmx_series

Its mainly there  for compatibility reasons. The bundled operators should have all the functionality in a more user friendly, more robust and faster manner.
    Best,
    Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany

Answers

• Options
    Marco_BoeckMarco_Boeck Administrator, Moderator, Employee, Member, University Professor Posts: 1,995 RM Engineering
    Hi,

which version of Studio are you running? I tried loading the process, it loads fine (albeit replacing the unknown operators with Dummy ones):

Regards,
    Marco
  • Options
    Hi Marco-

Thank you for your reply!

I'm running 10.3.001. (I don't know if this could be relevant, but it is a trial version.)

Best,
    Noel
  • Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,510 RM Data Scientist
    did you install series extension? Your process seems to use it. If i am not mistaken thats the old ts extension which isnot bundled and needs to be installed manually from marketplace.
    BR,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    Hi Martin-

Thanks for your email.

Can you provide any guidance on switching over from the "old ts extension" to the similarly named operators that come bundled with the current version of RM Studio? E.G. Are the new operators a one for one replacement, are their differences in functionality, robustness, etc.?

Best,
    Noel

• Options
    Understood. Thank you, Martin.