Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Repository Location For API

bmd123bmd123 Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
edited November 2019 in Help
There is probably an obvious solution to this, but I am at a loss. I am trying to read data from a repository into an operator. Everything works well in the GUI. I am trying to build an application using the RapidMiner API.  I have taken the generated XML and used it in the constructor for the process class. When I call the run method an exception is thrown. This is the error message:

"Cannot retrieve repository data from entry '//NewLocalRepository/newdata/TrainingData'. Reason: Entry '//NewLocalRepository/newdata/TrainingData' does not exist "

This is the operator XML
<operator activated="true" class="retrieve" expanded="true" height="60" name="Retrieve" width="90" x="45" y="75">
      <parameter key="repository_entry" value="//NewLocalRepository/newdata/TrainingData"/>
      </operator>

I have tried the absolute path of the repository  and i get the error message:
Cannot resolve relative repository location '/Users/Brett/Documents/RapidMiner/newdata/TrainingData'. Process is not associated with a repository.

I am using RapidMiner 5.0 under Windows Vista

Answers

• bmd123bmd123 Member Posts: 5 Contributor II
    I solved it. I needed to create a LocalRepository and add it to the Respository manager.  Of course this is done automatically in the RapidMiner GUI.
  • catchyoulatercatchyoulater Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
    bmd123 wrote:

I solved it. I needed to create a LocalRepository and add it to the Respository manager.  Of course this is done automatically in the RapidMiner GUI.
    I met the same problem, and I tried what you said, but it failed,why? Here are the code:
    //------------------------------------------------------
    File localRe = new File("E:\\cup\\proc\\ProgramXML");
    LocalRepository local = new LocalRepository("local",localRe);
    RepositoryManager.getInstance(null).addRepository(local);
  • dragoljubdragoljub Member Posts: 241 Contributor II
    I am running into this problem as well. What is the procedure for creating a local repository without using a GUI?

-Gagi  ???
  • landland RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 2,531 Unicorn
    Hi,
    as always it would help to know how it fails...So any exception? Or is just a null returned? What does the log say?

Greetings,
      Sebastian
  • dragoljubdragoljub Member Posts: 241 Contributor II
    I have solved my problems and highlighted the procedure in this thread:

http://rapid-i.com/rapidforum/index.php/topic,2385.0.html

-Gagi  :D