Options

"Error when trying to run remote process"

tobybtobyb Member Posts: 11 Contributor II
edited May 2019 in Help
I have set up a process similar to the one shown on the first YouTube video.  When I try to run the process remotely I get an error that states the following:

com.rapidminer.operator.UserError: Cannot retrieve repository data from entry '//RapidAnalytics/home/tbarrus/test/Iris'. Reason: Requested repository RapidAnalytics does not exist..

This is perplexing because the first thing I did was create the remote repository.  If I run the process inside of Rapid Miner, the process output is stored sucessfully to the remote repository.

Any suggestions?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    fischerfischer Member Posts: 439 Maven
    Hi,

did you ever note that RapidMiner prompts for a repository location when creating a new process? People think that this is a weird behaviour, shake their head in perceived wisdom and press cancel. However, this dialog is really really useful. Believe me. Use it.

This is the reason: Once you have stored the process somewhere, locations can be resolved relatively. Had you done that, you would probably never have experienced this problem. Don't use absolute repository locations like //RapidAnalytics/home/tbarrus/test/Iris. The "RapidAnalytics" part of your location is an alias only known to the client. RapidAnalytics does not know your RapidMiner calls it "RapidAnalytics". It could give it any name. Someone else could refer to the same RapidAnalytics instance under a different name. Just don't do it. They are evil. Either use only /home/tbarrus/test/Iris or, even better, something like "../test/Iris".

Cheers,
    Simon
  • Options
    tobybtobyb Member Posts: 11 Contributor II
    Thanks for the tip.  I have used Rapid Miner on my local machine and I guess I have got into a bad habit of not specifying the repository location.  I have been able to run the process remotely now.  I appreciate your help.

Toby
  • Options
    apmishraapmishra Member Posts: 3 Contributor I
    Hi ,
    Inspite of using relative locations I could not get my process to run. It indicates that the repository failed to provide it data .. which is very odd.

For example in my process the relative_entry = ../data/XYZData and this is connected to a FilterExampleOperatorwhich is connected to the Output.
    My repository is remote and I am using the thick client to connect to it and create the process.

When I save and run the process, it says that there is a

Cannot retrieve repository data from entry '//XYZHost/home/admin/dataXYZData'. Reason: Cannot parse I/O-Object: java.io.EOFException

I am attaching the XML file of the process below.

I am using RapidMiner 5.2 Client as well as the 5.1 Client against a RapidAnalytics Server which is remote.
    Here's the XML from the process. (Also, when I copy examples between the Repository it errors out .. )

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
    <process version="5.2.001">
      <context>
        <input>
          <location>../data/Offer</location>
        </input>
        <output/>
        <macros/>
      </context>
      <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="5.2.001" expanded="true" name="Process">
        <process expanded="true" height="235" width="480">
          <operator activated="true" class="filter_examples" compatibility="5.2.001" expanded="true" height="76" name="Filter Examples" width="90" x="246" y="30"/>
          <connect from_port="input 1" to_op="Filter Examples" to_port="example set input"/>
          <connect from_op="Filter Examples" from_port="example set output" to_port="result 1"/>
          <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="source_input 2" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
          <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
        </process>
      </operator>
    </process>
  • Options
    fischerfischer Member Posts: 439 Maven
    Hi,

do you get an error in server\default\log\server.log when that happens?

Best,
    Simon