Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

Generalized Linear Model (GLM)

bkrugerbkruger Member Posts: 17 Contributor II
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,

Is there a standard process for doing GLM's in RapidMiner, or can someone please point me to a process example?

Regards
BK

Answers

• am_dasam_das Member Posts: 2 Learner III

Hi,

Did you finally receive any content or example of GLM functionality in Rapidminer?

I am looking for the same.

Thanks

A

• MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,528 RM Data Scientist

it's in for quite a while now. just search for glm in the operators.

Best,

Martin

- Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • am_dasam_das Member Posts: 2 Learner III

Yes, I read through the operators documentations. I would like more info on how to specify beta constraints.

My model has around 30 input variables and I want to constrain the coefficients of few variables as positive (because I know that the relationship is +ve) by specifying a lower bound as 0 and upper bound as +infinity. I am struggling to implement it in the paramters window (screenshots):

- What is the 'category' input right next to attribute name?

- How to input +infinity as upper bound?

Thanks

A

Capture_beta_constraint.JPGCapture-documentation.JPGscreenshot of the documentation

• yyhuangyyhuang Administrator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 364 RM Data Scientist

Hi @am_das,

That is a good question. The beta constraint parameter can be setup in your GLM.

Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 11.43.27 AM.png

In my attached process, I used deals data with customer profile. Input data has a categorical variable "payement method" and suppose I know the coefficients (beta) for that "credit card" category need to be positve, then I set up the constraints for the coefficients of that category. 

upper_bounds is (optional): The upper bounds of the beta. Must be greater than or equal to lower_bounds. You need to have real value there.

Hope this helps.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><process version="8.1.001">
    <context>
    <input/>
    <output/>
    <macros/>
    </context>
    <operator activated="true" class="process" compatibility="8.1.001" expanded="true" name="Process">
    <process expanded="true">
    <operator activated="true" class="retrieve" compatibility="8.1.001" expanded="true" height="68" name="Retrieve Deals" width="90" x="45" y="34">
    <parameter key="repository_entry" value="//Samples/data/Deals"/>
    </operator>
    <operator activated="true" class="h2o:generalized_linear_model" compatibility="7.2.000" expanded="true" height="124" name="Generalized Linear Model" width="90" x="179" y="34">
    <parameter key="specify_beta_constraints" value="true"/>
    <list key="beta_constraints">
    <parameter key="Payment Method.credit card" value="0\.01.5\.0.0\.0.0\.0"/>
    </list>
    <list key="expert_parameters"/>
    </operator>
    <operator activated="true" class="retrieve" compatibility="8.1.001" expanded="true" height="68" name="Retrieve Deals-Testset" width="90" x="179" y="238">
    <parameter key="repository_entry" value="//Samples/data/Deals-Testset"/>
    </operator>
    <operator activated="true" class="apply_model" compatibility="7.1.001" expanded="true" height="82" name="Apply Model" width="90" x="380" y="34">
    <list key="application_parameters"/>
    </operator>
    <operator activated="true" class="performance_classification" compatibility="8.1.001" expanded="true" height="82" name="Performance" width="90" x="514" y="85">
    <list key="class_weights"/>
    </operator>
    <connect from_op="Retrieve Deals" from_port="output" to_op="Generalized Linear Model" to_port="training set"/>
    <connect from_op="Generalized Linear Model" from_port="model" to_op="Apply Model" to_port="model"/>
    <connect from_op="Retrieve Deals-Testset" from_port="output" to_op="Apply Model" to_port="unlabelled data"/>
    <connect from_op="Apply Model" from_port="labelled data" to_op="Performance" to_port="labelled data"/>
    <connect from_op="Apply Model" from_port="model" to_port="result 2"/>
    <connect from_op="Performance" from_port="performance" to_port="result 1"/>
    <connect from_op="Performance" from_port="example set" to_port="result 3"/>
    <portSpacing port="source_input 1" spacing="0"/>
    <portSpacing port="sink_result 1" spacing="0"/>
    <portSpacing port="sink_result 2" spacing="0"/>
    <portSpacing port="sink_result 3" spacing="0"/>
    <portSpacing port="sink_result 4" spacing="0"/>
    </process>
    </operator>
    </process>

YY