Options

[SOLVED] fliter example process can not invoke condition

tuweiqtuweiq Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi Dears
when i tried  to set parameter string to "date_added >2012-05-24 13:20:29" after i chose " condition class" to "attribute_value_filter
the message box with error said :
Reason :come.rapidminer.example.set.AttributeVlueFilter: cannot invoke condition (could not parse value '2012-05-24 13:20:39' with date pattern yy-mm-dd HH:mm:ss Z)

i tried to surround the date with quote and double quote but same message appeared  
i really want to filter examples refer to date and i hope to get suitable format to set the parameter correctly
note1 :"date_added" is the name of the column from table  on database
note 2: i used rapidminer 5.3.008 on my mac
<operator activated="true" class="filter_examples" compatibility="5.3.008" expanded="true" height="76" name="Filter Examples" width="90" x="179" y="75">
       <parameter key="condition_class" value="attribute_value_filter"/>
       <parameter key="parameter_string" value="date_added &gt;2012-05-24 13:20:39"/>
     </operator>

Answers

• Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    Instead of the date in string format you have to convert it into milliseconds since 01-01-1970. We know that this is ugly, and the next version of RapidMiner will feature a very cool completely revamped Filter Examples operator, which can also easily deal with dates. I have been seeing its evolution on the screen of my colleague directly next to me, and I can tell that it will be great :)

Best regards,
    Marius
  • Options
    tuweiqtuweiq Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
    so i need to modify my database structure to add column that saved timestamp instead of  the datetime , but my manager will be unhappy when i showing him we need to convert it  before using it filter  ;D .

thank you  Marius
  • Options
    MariusHelfMariusHelf RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,869 Unicorn
    No need to do it in database, just try Date to Numerical (milliseconds relative to epoch) in RapidMiner. But I think there is no need to convert the data anyway, you just need to convert the date value on which you want to filter.

Best regards,
    Marius