🥳 RAPIDMINER 9.9 IS OUT!!! 🥳

The updates in 9.9 power advanced use cases and offer productivity enhancements for users who prefer to code.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

Data structure in classification task with Neural Net

mrtzrhwldmrtzrhwld Member Posts: 4 Contributor I
edited July 2019 in Help

Hi everyone,

I used RapidMiner for a student project at my university. First, I think it would be helpful to briefly describe my problem. So here we go:

I have machine / process data (Force in kN) extracted from a manufacturing machine. There is one set of data for each manufacturing cycle, stored in a Excel Table. Each row contains the Force-Values for one cycle. Each cycle takes 100s.

Right now, I am handling (fictional) data with 20 different cycles (= 20 rows in xls) and 100 individual Force-values for each cycle.

(the amount of data is going to increase dramatically when in use - up to 5000 individual values per cycle)

The goal is to classify each machine cycle with the help of the recorded Force-data. The algorithm I am using is a Neural Net with Backpropagation.

First question: Is it really wise to structure the data this way and feed it into RapidMiner? My first attempts resulted in a Neural Net with 100 input Neurons, which is logical but I am wondering, if there's a better way of pre-processing the data?

Second question: I am following the "Right Way to Validate Models"-Guide by Ingo Mierswa, but didn't really get far.

edit: I found my mistake - the "Test" Data I was trying to get results for is not really test data, but really unknown data with no classification - that's why no result was found.

When trying to calculate the test error, my classification accuracy is "unknown" and there's just no results. So I am assuming a very stupid, basic mistake. Can anyone help me? 

Here's how i build my process: (multiply is enabled for training but disabled for retrieving the "unknown" - 5V_1D_dataset.

(I also found out I have to remove the label for the training data - so I added the Select Attributes-Operator after Multiply)

rapidminer.JPG

Thank you so much in advance.

Moritz

Tagged: