Options

Predict chances of a player being voted best player

johnjohn Member Posts: 2 Contributor I
edited December 2018 in Help

Hi I am totally new and not sure if this is possible. I have 500 past results of a game where I want to see if I can work out what were the chances of a player being voted best player. There are 4 statistical fields and a winning margin. The best player is voted by the other players and in case of a tie there's no best player awarded. I also would like to see which of the 5 stat fields is the most important. Am i on the right track with this software? I have attached the data.

Thanks

John

Answers

• Options
    Thomas_OttThomas_Ott RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,761 Unicorn
    I'm on my iPhone so I can't pull up the data. From what you describe it sounds liklike trying to predict th spread or margin? This can be done and there are a few research papers out there.
  • Options
    johnjohn Member Posts: 2 Contributor I

Not at all. Not sure what spread is but the winning margin is supplied. I want to predict what chances each player has of being voted as the best player and which stat type has the strongest correlation. for eg: if stat2 = 10 then 50% chance of being the best player. Ideally the best resut I'm looking for is a % next to each player being the best and what %chance of no player being selected due to a tie.