Options

WHY DOES THE X MEAN CLUSTERING CHANGES THE NUMBERS OF ITEMS IN THE DESCRIPTION ?

Preet2BeastPreet2Beast Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited November 2018 in Help
Hi,

I was working on a data set and used the K means and then later tried X means too. Though, its quite interesting to notice that the Number of Items in the Description after running the process is completely doubled on using X means clustering !!! ( whereas it remained the same while using K means)

This really fascinates me. I assume no matter what ever the type of clustering methodology we are using, rapidminer  should rather not manipulate the number of items in the description  . 

*does it have something to do with Overlapping lapping Clustering 

Any help would be greatly appreciated !:)

Thanks

Regards,
Preet

Answers

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,509 RM Data Scientist
    Hi @Preet2Beast ,
    this is a known bug we are working on. You can change the compatibility level downwards to avoid this.
    BR,
    Martin
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    correct. Please check the Product Feedback category if you suspect a bug to see if it's been listed before. Here's the bug that @mschmitz pointed out:

https://community.rapidminer.com/discussion/54330/x-means-doubling-cluster-item-counts-as-of-9-0-001

Scott