"Select Attribute After Loop Attribute"

1705410G1705410G Member Posts: 43 Contributor I
edited May 2019 in Help
I would like to use the Select Attribute operator to pick out those that ran through the function inside the Loop Attribute operator(containing Generate Attributes operator). 

However, under the attribute filter type 'Subset', I'm unable to find any of the rename attributes that were created by the Loop Attributes operator. It only contains the original attributes that was before running into the loop. 

Any idea on how I can select my attributes using Select Attribute operator ?

Thanks!

Regards,
AY

Answers

• lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 1,195 Unicorn
    Hi @1705410G,

If I make the link with your other thread, your created (inside the Loop Attributes operator) attributes are named "2-Speed_New"
    and more generally "xxxx_New".
    So you can use Select Attributes operator with the attribute filter type = regular_expression

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Lionel

• 1705410G1705410G Member Posts: 43 Contributor I
    Hi lionelderkrikor ,

It worked! Only after I checked the "invert selection" box. However, my original attributes are still there.

Regards,
    AY
  • lionelderkrikorlionelderkrikor Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Member Posts: 1,195 Unicorn
    Hi @1705410G,

Mmmh, I think you have not been rigorous... :)  
    The exact syntax of the regular expression is :  .*_new [don't forget the "point" at the first place] (or  .*_New or .*_NEW according to the name you gave to your created attributes)

Regards,

Lionel