Options

How to find the 3 highest values and the 3 lowest values?

KhibaKhiba Member Posts: 4 Newbie
Hello,

I have an attribute called price. I want to find the 5 highest values and 5 lowest (e.g if my column contains prices 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) this should give me 1,2,3,9,10,11. I hope I am being clear enough. Now I know how do do this seperately by sorting and filtering, I cant seem to find a way to generate this in one go.

Please help. Please go easy on me as I am a newbie

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Telcontar120Telcontar120 Moderator, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    The Finance and Economics extension (free in the marketplace) has an operator to calculate rank.  You can use this and then simply select the top or bottom n values however you like.

Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts
  • Options
    KhibaKhiba Member Posts: 4 Newbie
    Thank you!
  • Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    yes thank you @IngoRM @Telcontar120 for that. Please note that I strongly discourage using the Finance and Economics extension (aka the Quantx extension) as it has many known bugs. My hunch is that powerusers like @Telcontar120 know where they are and deal with them. :wink:

Scott