Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

RapidMiner doesn't launch

julianhatwelljulianhatwell Member Posts: 2 Learner I
Hi, I am new to RapidMiner. I am on the free version, just intended for Academic use. I installed last month and completed several tutorials with no problems. Then last week, RapidMiner would only launch into Safe Mode and then suddenly quit. Now it doesn't launch at all. I have reinstalled it twice and updated Java too. Just nothing happens when I click on the icon to launch the application. When I go to the Windows task manager, I can see a RapidMiner process, but it's doing nothing and consuming only 1.4MB RAM.

I haven't been able to use it for over a week now.

I am on a Windows 10. 64-bit system.

Answers

• sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    edited August 2019
    hi @julianhatwell hmm did you update Java beyond Java8? If so, that would be the cause of your problem. RapidMiner will not run on higher versions of Java (see https://docs.rapidminer.com/latest/studio/installation/system-requirements.html and numerous threads here on the community).

Scott
  • julianhatwelljulianhatwell Member Posts: 2 Learner I
    Hello. Thank you. I'm on Java 8 Update 221.
  • sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    @julianhatwell sent you a PM so we can investigate.

Scott
  • fiddinyusfidafiddinyusfida Member Posts: 12 Contributor II
    edited August 2019
    Hi @julianhatwell You can try to run rapidminer as administrator
  • hughesfleming68hughesfleming68 Member Posts: 323 Unicorn
    Rapidminer on Windows doesn't need to know about a separate installation of java unless you download the Linux version. I would uninstall Rapidminer and Java and then if you have to, clear any paths that were automatically created in your Windows environment variables. You should be able to reinstall Rapidminer after that. Most java problems relate to paths.
    thanks @hughesfleming68 and @fiddinyusfida - we went offline and it's an unusual local setup. I appreciate your help.

Scott