Options

how to get age and gender of tweets

saba76saba76 Member Posts: 16 Contributor I
edited December 2019 in Help
Hi guys
please help me
how can I get age and gender of tweets in rapid miner?
Details by search twitter doesnt satisfy me.
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Options
    Solution Accepted
    thanks a lot

Answers

• Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    another somewhat sneaky method, if you can get the name of the user, is to use an onomastics engine like NamSor. There's a NamSor extension in the RapidMiner Marketplace.

Scott
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @sgenzer wow that's interesting.
    It can't be with user Id or user name? I mean it must be just with first name and last name?
  • Options
    sgenzersgenzer Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, Community Manager, Member, University Professor, PM Moderator Posts: 2,959 Community Manager
    @saba76 yes that's how onomastics works. I don't think you need both FN and LN but I would look at the NamSor's site. Elian Carsenat is the owner and he's a guru. Been doing this for years.

Another idea if you're clever and have the time...you could probably create some kind of ML pre-processing model that trains + scores twitter handles that would parse into FN and/or first initial + last name etc... For example, a human will probably guess (even without knowing me), that my twitter handle "@sgenzer" is a FirstinitialLastname combo. Our good friend @Telcontar120 on this community is twitter handle "@BrianTvenstrup" which any human will see as FirstnameLastname. Same with RapidMiner co-founder "@RalfKlinkenberg". Other co-founder Ingo Mierswa's handle is "@ingomierswa" which, I would guess, would fail most ML models. Sorry @IngoRM :wink: But you get the idea.

Hmm interesting challenge I've created...
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @sgenzer oh Is this ML model ready on rapidminer?
    well I have just 4 or 5 days for this project...
  • Options
    @sgenzer I need some items and just can extract subjectivity objectivity and negative positives about twitter texts. I need a little more information and don't know what to do. I need it for text mining.eg to text mine McDonald's on Twitter.
  • Options
    @sgenzer and one thing else! I want to clustrate but most of them include ids! I think it's because of retweets that are existed in texts and don't know how to ignore ids to have a good clustrating.
  • Options
    hello @saba76 sorry I have been off the past couple of days. Where are you now on your project?