Options

Dinamically setting directory path throws: wrong parameter range format

RPDECORPDECO Member Posts: 2 Newbie
edited June 2020 in Help
I'm using RM 7.0.1 version with the parallel extension. I'm trying to set a path dinamically over multiple threads

i've got a basepath, inside the basepath there are N folders called just 1..2..N
I've made a macro that generates the base path and a loop parameters (parallel) operator that should dinamically set the 'directory' field of a loop file operator inside to navigate one of the inside folders according to thread.

in the loop parameters  (parallel) i've made a list of values for the interior loop files operator like this:
%{basepath}\1\
%{basepath}\2\
%{basepath}\...\
%{basepath}\N\

assume basepath was set previously in a macro to a value like: C:\My\Path, and we're using only subfolders 1 and 2,  what I get is an error:
PM SEVERE: Process failed: Illegal value for parameter Loop Files.directory: Unknown parameter value specification format: ' C:\My\Path\1\, C:\My\Path\2\' Error: wrong parameter range format.

(the path printed to the console are the actual, existing and correct paths that needs to be iterated

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    MartinLiebigMartinLiebig Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, University Professor Posts: 3,507 RM Data Scientist
    Hi @RPDECO,
    sorry, but 7.0 is very old, also the parallel extension got deprecated, since the functionality got moved into core and had it had some issues. Did you try this with a 9er Studio?
    Cheers,
    Martjn
    - Sr. Director Data Solutions, Altair RapidMiner -
    Dortmund, Germany
  • Options
    RPDECORPDECO Member Posts: 2 Newbie
    HI @mschmitz thank you for answering, so in the new version is possible to distribute the computation over all threads? because i've got a long list of sample reduction (kennard stone) to do, and I would not want to leave most of the cpu idle