Due to recent updates, all users are required to create an Altair One account to login to the RapidMiner community. Click the Register button to create your account using the same email that you have previously used to login to the RapidMiner community. This will ensure that any previously created content will be synced to your Altair One account. Once you login, you will be asked to provide a username that identifies you to other Community users. Email us at Community with questions.

How to apply weight in model building?

Xing_LiuXing_Liu Member Posts: 2 Learner I
Hi,

I have a column named weight which I want to use in model building process so that the record will be treated according to its weight instead of its count.

Your help is highly appreciated.
Thanks,

Xing

Answers

• Telcontar120Telcontar120 RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert, Member Posts: 1,635 Unicorn
    Use the Set Role operator and change the role for your weight attribute to the type "weight" and it should be fine.
    But you will also need to confirm that the ML algorithm you are using accepts weights, which can be confirmed by clicking on operator information (or pressing F1) when the operator is highlighted.
    Brian T.
    Lindon Ventures 
    Data Science Consulting from Certified RapidMiner Experts