Options

Service is not running

ABIMABIM Member Posts: 20 Contributor I
edited December 2020 in Help
Hello

I install server and I can start it but service is not running. So please tell me what is the reason? and how can I solve it?

Regards
A

Answers

• Options
    BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Hi,

look into the configured Home directory for the server. There should be logs from the server startup.

Where did you install the server? Which path? Can you start it manually with the startup script?

Regards,
    Balázs
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    @BalazsBarany

Hello

I installed AI hub in default path ie C:\Users\[USERNAME]\rapidminer-ai-hub. I don't know about the "startup scripts". Just ran standalone.bat and it could be opened at localhost:8080
    But the windows service does not start even manually. (I performed the installation on another pc and the service starts while I get 404 error for the web based management panel). I think the problem is in log file.

Regards
    A
  • Options
    Also I got this error in studio:

• Options
    BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    That error in Studio is normal if the Server is not running correctly. 

standalone.bat is the startup script. (It is called by the service, so if it doesn't run successfully, the service also won't.)
    If you find the log file, search for 8080. As you got that error, the relevant messages should be near this one in the log.

Are you using a firewall on your machine? Another software that already uses port 8080? Which database type did you specify in the installation? Is it running correctly? Did the Server create tables in it?

Regards,
    Balázs
  • Options
    @BalazsBarany
    The only firewall is windows firewall. I checked with turning it off
    No other software is using this port. I also checked with installation on 8888
    MS SQL server is used and the connection test successfully passed at installation (I checked with SQL 2019 and SQL2017). I can login to it from SQL management console.
    It seems there is no tables created in SQL server.
    Also I got this error from RM Repository:

Regards
    A
  • Options
    If you want people to help you, you really need to everything they ask.

Did you find the logfile? Did you search for errors in it? It is really detailed, it says what it is doing and what is failing.

Regards,
    Balázs
  • Options
    @BalazsBarany

Yes, I find them which one do you need to post it for you?(because I can not understand them)

Regards
    A
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    @BalazsBarany

I find these texts in server log file:

2020-12-04 17:44:58,065 WARNING [de.rapidanalytics.web.rest.HealthCheckService] (http-/0.0.0.0:8080-4) HealthCheck failed: Execution Backend is not available

(http-/0.0.0.0:8080-4) There was an error during the processing of the request: The Job Service seems to not be available, please check your setup: org.jboss.resteasy.client.exception.ResteasyClientException: javax.management.InstanceNotFoundException: jboss.as:socket-binding-group=standard-sockets,socket-binding=http

I hope this helps
    A
  • Options
    Hi,

it should be at the beginning in the log file.
    It writes a lot of diagnostic information and it is technical, but readable. Stuff like Error, Failed, Not available etc. are relevant here.

You can post the entire log file there, a developer might look into it. (I'm not one of those.) But you should check for errors yourself first.

Regards,
    Balázs