Options

In date getting Unparsable error

sgnarkhede2016sgnarkhede2016 Member Posts: 152 Contributor II
Hello,
I have one column that contain date in "19-JAN-21 11.53.15.409000000 AM" this fromat with nominal datatype when I trying to convert nominal to date with mm/dd/yyyy format getting unparsable format

Best Answer

• Options
    jacobcybulskijacobcybulski Member, University Professor Posts: 391 Unicorn
    Solution Accepted
    Hi @sgnarkhede2016, @BalazsBarany is correct you need to specify the correct format for the conversion of a nominal to date format. You have used "mm/dd/yyyy" however the date-time format for your field is more complex, i.e. "dd-MM-yy hh.mm.ss.S a". Once you parse the date-time string, you will have a proper internal representation useful for any date-time related manipulation; and if you want to split it into components or convert it to a string of another format you can using other operators.

Answers

• Options
    BalazsBaranyBalazsBarany Administrator, Moderator, Employee, RapidMiner Certified Analyst, RapidMiner Certified Expert Posts: 955 Unicorn
    Hi @sgnarkhede2016,

you need to specify the correct format for the conversion. The operator help contains all the necessary characters for specifying the custom format.

Converting with the wrong format (the one you selected) leads to the conversion error.

Regards,
    Balázs